God is so good all of the time. My heart is full to overflowing this afternoon as I ponder how He promises to lead those with young, how He faithfully pursues His children with His loving kindness, and how He is enough- all we need.
Yesterday Susan Margaret and I had a day where we should have just agreed to disagree. It involved food throwing, tantrums, time outs, spankings, a whole lot of prayer, and plenty of times were I just needed some mommy space. As I was bathing her before bed last night, I was apologizing to her for being cranky with her and told her that I probably needed to go back downstairs and read my Bible. She agreed with an uh-huh and an animated head nod. ....
This morning picking her out of her bed, she indicated that she wanted to get down out of my arms. She walked over to the bookshelf got her Bible and asked me to read with her. We read a couple of Bible stories, and sang a couple of rousing rounds of hymns before Susan Margaret was ready to go eat breakfast.
Here's the thing.....God asks us to be like little children. Not free of sin because we can't be, but dependent on Him always in all things like Susan Margaret demonstrated for me. Don't start your day without Him.
God cares about the details and He'll work them out-whether that be housework, tantrums, or any other burden you carry. All He requires from us is that we rest in His presence and rely on Him- moment by moment. Even if that means my prayers begin to resemble those of a ranting first-time mother who knows that she knows so little.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Happy Birthday Trent!
15 years ago
1 comment:
Amen.
Post a Comment