One of her most recent anecdotes was regarding her choice of Halloween costumes. We pulled out our box of dress-up apparel to investigate what she may want to choose in addition to the outfit that Susan Margaret's friend, Brooke, had let us borrow--a purple butterfly. She had been telling me that she wanted to dress up like a dog dressed up like a princess, then she had considered a crocodile ?! However, as soon as she tried on Brooke's purple butterfly she was set. "Man, momma, look at me! I've got wings! I can fly!" And so it goes, that she will be a purple butterfly today. Her friend, Brooke's bday party was actually this morning and I had been trying to get her to help me pick out a gift. She was insistent that Brooke wanted either a camel or Jesus for her birthday. Since I didn't know what the Brooke's neighborhood rules were on livestock in the backyard, we opted for something much more boring.
I have become the crazy coupon lady. Part of the reason I've had less time to blog, is that I've become a couponer. When I started it was very time consuming, but it is gradually getting easier. It is amazing where I can save money! My goal for October was $300 for all of our groceries and toiletries, and I came in right under the mark. Yippee!! It will be more of a challenge in November with Thanksgiving and all the extra new mommies to feed. We'll see!
This little baby boy in my tummy is going crazy the last few weeks. It's like he's in there going..."Wow, check this out...I've got legs....thump, thump, thump. Amazing....I've got these crazy two arms....whack, whack." We're so excited to meet him in March.
We love you all. And I will try to be better about blogging in the future!
Susan Margaret's third birthday party. Momma made homemade strawberry cupcakes and the hit of the party was the store-bought brightly colored cupcakes :).
The Reners take all of our family pics these days! Thanks, Reners!
It was cold this day even though there were plenty of warm Texas days that followed. But Susan Margaret showed real perseverance and was able to handle a popsicle, watermelon, and a water full of cold water. That's our trooper!
No comments:
Post a Comment