Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me..Is the name of a game show on NPR not people's response to my daily life.

I really need to get better about this blogging gig. How quickly I fall off the wagon! I also need to be better about recording things that Susan Margaret throws my way. Matt was sanding some aluminum sheet metal for a sign in the garage the other day. Susan Margaret had been outside with him. When she came in, I asked her what daddy was doing out there. She looked at me...processing...processing..." he's wearing pants." She is always ready with an answer of some sort these days- sense or non-sense- and the non-sense is always a welcome laugh. When she wakes up from her nap she scrolls through her usual greetings..."Mommy, I got poop' Mommy I slept good" , and now she has added to the list of things she calls out to me..."Mommy, I am choking." I have added a little mirror next to her dress up clothes, and she has also really enjoyed checking out her awesome creations.This last weekend she learned what happens when you let go of a swing in motion. She let go mid swing, flipped, and face planted. I was pleasantly surprised when she was super excited about putting a boo-boo sticker on her forhead and proceeded to retell the story to everyone she could all that weekend. Her telling " I was swingnin, and I said whoop, and I flipped , I bonked my head, and now I got this boo boo sticker. " It was her personal badge of honor. We just got to get her to tuck her knees so she can land on her feet next time.Her recent loves are Cinderella, dogs (still!!) and rocks of all shapes and sizes. She is getting super excited about getting on a plane in a couple weeks to see our Utah family. (She's been practicing her airplane noises.) I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I started level 2 today, and it about killed me. She's one tough lady.

No comments: