Susan Margaret enjoying the good ol' Rose Festival Parade in Tyler, TX. She loves a good parade- her favorites this year were the band (the girl loves any opportunity to dance) and the Shriners doing figure 8s on their small cars and motorcycles.
I've been watching two extra kids this week- one a 3 yr. old boy and an 18 month old girl. Life has been busy and interesting around here because of that. Susan Margaret started out strongly and sweetly- always offering a hug or a stuffed animal when either child needed some extra loving. The end of the week has been a little more interesting as Susan Margaret seemed to fall into the temptation of being a two year old and they were all acting like siblings. However she loved playing with "Mantha"(Samantha) and Micheal. I have to admit it was kinda fun having the backseat of the Expedition lined with car seats. I totally fell into teacher mode and quickly started doing the same activities in the same order with some variety when it came to crafts-- as part of my crowd control tactics.
Susan Margaret antics for the day--
loves to talk to "Curioua Geowge" (curious george) throughout her day
enjoys repeating lists that mommy throws her way--
Mommy: Susan Margaret we need to get our bucket, shovel, and ball from the park.
Susan Margaret: (using a hand chop motion on her open palm to add emphasis) bucket, shovel, and ball, bucket, shovel, and ball, bucket, shovel, and ball.........then, come on Mantha, bucket, shovel, and ball, Micheal get the shovel...did I mention she also likes delegating her lists.
loves making "soup" anywhere she is...in the bathtub it was cake soup... the ingredients according to her where cake, cookies, and onions.
approaches the tv on Saturday and says "mo fuball" (more football) Matt's heart melts everytime.
calls for Lola in the morning to come up to her room--pronounced "Ola--Dawog"
likes to eat eggs for breakfast and has started calling them "a-uggs"
Basically even though I thought I didn't have an accent, my daughter is starting to sound like a Southern Belle from Georgia.
No comments:
Post a Comment